Safeguarding – Keeping Children Healthy and Safe from Harm
We would like to share with you school policies and practices with regards to ensuring that children are taught and encouraged to live healthy lifestyles and adopt safe practices.
School policies are in place to ensure that there is a consistent approach to practices throughout the school and that they are adhered to by staff, governors and volunteers. Adults have a tremendous impact on young children and with this in mind adults at Raynville Primary School:
- are good role models for children
- enjoy their work and working with children
- are conscientious and hard-working
- welcome to support visitors to school
- recognise and value strengths in each other and use these to support everyone
- work within that agreed policies of the school
- promote a happy, caring and safe school
- encourage children to think for themselves, ask questions and find answers
- create an environment of trust whereby children are trusted to work seriously
- challenge and support children in their learning.
We all know that children thrive better and are able to reach their full potential when school and families work closely together. All of us here at Raynville Primary are totally committed to this and we look forward to our continuing close partnership with you in the future.
These guides are designed to provide useful information to help support your children’s development.
If you have a query or concern about safeguarding or special educational needs, please contact:
- Mrs Hopwood – Deputy Headteacher and Inclusion Manager which encompasses the role of Special Needs Coordinator and Designated lead teacher for Child Protection.
- Mrs Adele Baranyi – Special Needs Coordination Assistant, Designated officer for Child Protection.
- Mrs Joanne Briscoe – Inclusion Officer for KS1, Designated officer for Child Protection.
- Mrs Gill Kilner – Inclusion Officer for KS2, Designated officer for Child Protection.
If you require a paper copy of the information on our school’s website, this will be provide free of charge following a request at the office.